Rhinoplasty (Nose Surgery) Conveniently located to serve Franklin, Nashville, and Brentwood
Nose surgery or Rhinoplasty, also referred to as “nose reshaping” or a “nose job”, improves the appearance and proportion of your nose, enhancing facial harmony and self confidence. It may also correct impaired breathing caused by structural abnormalities in the nose.
While the shape of your nose is usually the result of heredity, the appearance may have been altered in an injury or during prior surgery. Sometimes the hump is removed, usually the nose is thinned out at the tip and slightly elevated. It is usually necessary to narrow the nose at the time of surgery.
View Rhinoplasty Gallery
What To Expect From Rhinoplasty
Nose surgery can change or alter:
- Nose size, in relation to the other facial structures
- Nose width, at the bridge
- Nose profile, with visible humps or depressions on the bridge
- Nasal tip, that is large or bulbous, drooping, or too upturned
- Nostrils that are large, wide or upturned
- Nasal asymmetry and deviation
Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty?
Cosmetic nose surgery is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
A rhinoplasty procedure is a good option if:
- Your facial growth is complete and you are 16 years of age or older
- You are physically healthy
- You do not smoke
- You have specific, but realistic goals in mind for the improvement of your appearance
Where is rhinoplasty performed?
Nose surgery is performed on an out-patient basis, at a nearby fully accredited surgery center.
Anesthesia and Medication
This procedure is frequently performed under local anesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia.
The splint is removed by the 7th day and most patients are presentable and well enough to return to work and most normal activities, including vigorous exercise, in approximately 10-14 days.