Scar Revision Conveniently located to serve Franklin, Nashville, and Brentwood
Scar revision surgery is meant to minimize the scar so that it is more consistent with your surrounding skin tone and texture. Although scar revision can provide a more pleasing cosmetic result or improve a scar that has healed poorly, most scars cannot be completely removed.
Treatment options for skin scars resulting from injury or surgery may vary based on the type and degree of scarring and can include:
- Simple topical treatments
- Minimally invasive procedures
- Surgical revision with advanced techniques in wound closure
Is it right for me?
Scar revision is a highly individualized procedure and you should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else’s desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image. Scar revision can be performed on people of any age and is a good option for you if:
- You are bothered by a scar anywhere on your body
- You are physically healthy You do not smoke
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals for your scar revision surgery
- You do not have active acne or other skin diseases in the area to be treated
Where is it performed?
This procedure is routinely performed on an out-patient basis in Dr. Moran’s office.
Anesthesia and medication
Local anesthesia can be applied to the skin prior to the procedure, and occasionally mild sedation is required.
None. Most patients return to work and most normal activities, including vigorous exercise, the day of the procedure.